What’s hot and what’s not

I thought I might join in on Claire’s “What’s Hot or Not”.


* I set a goal at the beginning of this month to walk every day in November. I missed 4 days so not a bad effort. Most mornings I managed to get straight out for a walk  and leave hubby to the breakfast circus. It was nice to be out early, and have achieved something for the day.  

* I have sewn the girls some summer hats, and refashioned some clothes. I quickly made up a pre-printed advent calendar panel for Ari, who didn’t have an advent calendar. The girls have the pocket kind, and I have collected a few treats, activities and goodies to fill it with. Ari’s will be filled with his dummy each night. Advent calendars are also useful as bribery for chore completion.

* I spent 10 hours on the weekend completing a 1000 piece puzzle. I needed that quiet time of nothingness. The day and the family went through their day quietly without disturbing me.

* I am cruising with the Christmas gift purchasing. These 2 adorable little girls are for my 2 adorable little girls. The pattern is from Hop Skip Jump. I am scrambling with the teacher presents, which I cleverly bought at last year’s Boxing Day sales and have now misplaced, meaning I have to start again.

* We spent Saturday catching up on gardening and mooching around the house.

* The Christmas concerts for school and kinder are done and dusted. Our calendar is looking at a pretty clear run right up until Christmas Day. Woo hoo! We need it. As we are every year, we are limping our way towards the end of the year with everyone utterly exhausted and testy.


* I’m still knitting that tedious string bag. I am up to the handles now, and should run out of cotton with about 6 inches left on the i-cord handles. Sigh.

 * Ella has sinusitis. She seemed well right up until the Assembly performance was about to begin this morning. She burst into tears, and I took her home. I was up until 9:30pm last night fashioning a donkey costume, which I was only notified that she needed on Friday afternoon. She ended up missing the concert and didn’t need the costume. Sigh.

* There was a copperhead snake in our chook yard on Friday afternoon. I went in to collect the eggs with Ari on my hip, and walked straight back out again. The Snake Man was called to collect said copperhead. He informed me to “Wacth it and see if it moves. If it moves, follow it and see where it goes so I can try and find it. I will be there in half an hour”. I paced nervously outside the chook yard, and watched the snake through the door of the chook house with some binocluars, in between rushed trips to the house to calm the kids down and stop them coming outside.   

When the Snake Man arrived he went into the shed, where much banging and crashing was heard.  Then silence. Eventually he called out, “Hey! Can you give me a hand? “(!!!!!). Apparently the snake had been halfway through eating a mouse, saw the Snake Man, spat out the mouse, and made a dive for the mouse hole. The Snake Man had hold of just 10cm of its tail. After sending some water down the hole, the snake relented and the Snake Man extracted it, but not before I had to run to the house and collect a torch, some wire cutters, and a crowbar to lift the tin on the shed wall. I was happy to wave them both goodbye. And pour myself a Cointreau.






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s